The Field Operator E&W Stations is responsible to carry out the skilled operational activities such as monitoring the smooth running of all equipment which are related to power generation and water production e.g. Boilers, Steam Turbines, Gas Turbines, Distillers and wide range of Auxiliary Equipment, ensuring the availability of standby equipment, taking the periodic log readings at regular specified intervals, monitoring the plant performance locally and reporting to the Control room operator.
He carries out plant and equipment isolations from the system as well as minor maintenance works. He must be able to report near misses, accidents and provide support to incident controller in emergency situation and be part of the emergency response team under supervision of the firefighting team leader.
The Field Operator will report to the Shift Manager.
• Understanding of power plant and associated auxiliary layout, operating parameters and operating practices
• Understanding of power plant electrical systems and electrical switching
• Knowledge of health and safety and required to be capable of implementing the operating policies and practices and principles of management system
• Knowledge of company safety rules and required to be authorized at least as designated person
• Basic knowledge of environmental legislations and environmental aspects related to plant activities.
• Anticipating and responding effectively to operational demands on the station and assist in achieving safe and efficient power generation and water production
• Has the ability to initiate suggestions of improvement and implementing those initiatives with the consent of supervising staff and high levels of drive, energy and motivation
• Has the ability to support the shift team to maximize the contribution made to the plant objectives and team spirit to create a work climate where people succeed and empower people to take actions and achieve objectives.
• Good understanding and acceptance of cultural differences
• Previous employment will have provided experience within operations at a similar level. Should have Minimum 5 Years practical experience in plant operations in power plant with fair knowledge and understanding of the activities associated with the operation of Steam Turbines, Gas Turbines, wide range of Auxiliary Equipment and Desalination plant preferably multistage desalination processes.
• Completion of Technical Secondary (12 Years) education is the minimum requirement
• Technical diploma is preferred.
• The role includes moderate to heavy physical efforts in the local weather conditions such as standing, walking, climbing and using medium duty tools when making adjustments or pertaining to minor maintenance work, up to 80% of the working time.
• Good knowledge of written and spoken English
• Computer literacy MS Words and MS Excel
• Based in Abu Dhabi / UAE
Schedule: Full-time, shift rota