ROLES REPORTING INTO THE ROLE:
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Legal Counsel for the company, supports legal matters arising out of
the Company's head-quarters in Abu Dhabi. In addition to providing
support to all of the departments, including human resources,
technology, finance, HSSE, the Legal Counsel will primarily assist with
providing the Corporate Legal Support required by the company.
Draft, negotiate, review and make recommendations on contracts,
agreements and supporting documentation for protection of the COMPANY's
contractual posture and adherence to THE COMPANY policies.
• Provide support on large and complex legal assignments and transactions.
• Provide advice and prepares and reviews documents relative to corporate/commercial and partnership matters.
• Liaise with legal staff at company's world-wide affiliates and support corporate-wide Initiatives and projects.
Assist with negotiation, documentation and administration of project,
project partnership/joint-venture and project financing transactions.
Stay current on and advise on regulatory, financial, tax, commercial,
environmental and corporate issues which may affect the company's
business and projects.
Commercial and finance contracts
• Draft and edit commercial contracts and other sourcing-related documents.
Review and advise on contractor/vendor documents and contractor/vendor
exceptions and revisions to the company's terms and conditions.
• Participate in negotiations with contractors and vendors, primarily at the tender stage.
• Advise on rights, remedies, potential claims and mitigation solutions
Assist with negotiation, documentation and administration of corporate
finance transactions, including bond issuances.
Support due diligence studies and advising on legal issues pertaining
to potential acquisitions in the power generation sector.
Review and editing Sale and Purchase Agreements and allied documents
such as confidentiality agreements required to effect an acquisition in
the power generation sector.
• Manage and track
corporate formalities required to complete acquisitions and other
transactions, to include liaison with notaries and outside counsel.
Advise on matters relating to government and regulatory compliance,
data privacy and risk mitigation, litigation and any other relevant
• Provide advice on drafting and
implementation of various policies and procedures that minimize legal
and business risks and for functional areas such as HR, Technology
Finance and HSSE.
• Provide occasional non-legal support as needed, e.g. in drafting and editing correspondence.
• Manage various areas of corporate compliance.
• Provide assistance on managing the company's corporate entities.
Devise and conduct training courses relating to areas of legal
importance to the businesses, policies and compliance and standard form
• Compile and submit legal fee and other budgetary information as required.
• Perform any other assignments as may be requested from time to time by the General Counsel.