Brief of the job
Two stations in UAN premise, namely E&W station and Station B.
E&W station is a combination of 8XST+ 2XGT in power station and 11 desalination plant in water station. Mechanical engineer will be responsible to maintain all rotating equipment in power, water and BOP.
Area of responsibility
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for:
• Maintaining E&W station rotating equipment in terms of short and long time scheduling.
• Maintaining/ Developing PM/ PDM schedule of concerned equipments.
• Trouble shooting and root cause analysis of failed equipment.
• Maintaining technical/ HSE international standards in performing the tasks at workplace.
• Updating inventory level by timely ordering the items, preparing reports for major maintenance activities, coordinating with sections, preparing and participating on tendering and service contracts.
• Attending yearly budget preparation and controlling the expenses.
The mechanical engineer will have following major activities.
• ST and GT main and auxiliary’s maintenance.
• Troubleshooting and maintenance of all types of pumps; single stage/ multi stage high flow/ pressure pump (including boiler feed water pump), sea water pumps, condensate pumps, vacuum pumps, compressor, FD fans, cooling air fans etc.,
• Ordering of spares in time to maintain minimum stock level.
• Condition monitoring and reporting of rotating equipment.
• Prepare SOW, initiate tender documents, follow-up procurement process and implementation of contracts.
• Prepare and maintain records / history of maintenance activities.
• Coordinate with the Maintenance Manager, Training Manager and Lead Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to review and re-evaluate the staff qualification (PQR) system of the Mechanical maintenance section.
• Setting standards for plant maintenance, utilizing technical advice available both internally and externally and ensuring that standards are effectively communicated;
• Leading and motivating Engineers in the team to develop commercially driven teams setting appropriate people and plant related performance measures
• Assisting in the preparation of a budget and providing regular reports of expenditure, explaining variances, identifying potential risks and/or problems and recommending solutions;
• Ensuring all procedures, documentation, drawings and manuals are kept up to date and any additional training is completed in a timely manner;
• Delivering high levels of commercial availability, safely and efficiently within environment limits whilst maintaining high standards of management and leadership;
• Delivering outcomes in all areas of work that are consistent with the Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental policies;
• Delivering planned generation and availability targets within budget by ensuring highly effective maintenance regimes.
• Involves working with other departments within an organization such as purchasing, finance, store, IT to ensure the Mechanical equipment is maintained in accordance to the organization's quality standards in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• 10 years’ experience in the Mechanical Maintenance department in a large steam turbine power generation plant.
• 5 years Hands-on experience on OH/ troubleshooting of mechanical defects (seals, bearings, balancing, alignment etc.) of large multistage feed water pumps, variable speed coupling, Turbine major overhauling etc.
• 2 years practical experience on condition monitoring (vibration analysis), reporting, root cause analysis, investment justification etc.
• Work on CMMS, experience on RCM, experience on Middle East is plus.
Bachelor’s in mechanical engineering
Condition monitoring, ISO Level- 2
Rotating equipment theory and practical
Bearing (Friction/ antifriction) Technologies
Lubrication theory and practice
• Sound technical knowledge of the maintenance of Mechanical equipment and systems of ST/ open cycle power plants, which allow him to rapidly identify potential technical issues on site during the execution, to investigate and discuss those issues with his team.
• Excellent inter-personal, communication and report writing skill.
• Must be able to work independently and to bridge cultural differences.
• Ability to coordinate and direct and influence others. He should show capability of leadership.
• Direct : Maintenance Division Manager
• Direct : Contractors
• Indirect : Maintenance supervisors/ Technicians
• 60% while supervising important work, risk work, modification work etc.
• 40% in A/C office work.
• 60% working in field.
• Regularly called out after working hours.
• Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
• Able to work in an IT environment.
• Ability to work efficiently in a broad cultural spectrum.
• Based in Abu Dhabi / UAE
Job Level: Technical
Employee Status: Open - Ended contract
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi /United Arab Emirates.
Apply directly to email@example.com