Brief of the job
Operates two stations in UAN premise, namely E&W station and Station B.
Currently we have vacancy of one mechanical engineer in E&W station. E&W station is a combination of 8XST+ 2XGT in power station and 11 desalination plant in water station. Mechanical engineer will be responsible to maintain all rotating equipment in power, water and BOP.
Area of responsibility
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for:
• Maintaining E&W station static equipment in terms of short and long time scheduling.
• Maintaining/ Developing PM/ PDM schedule of concerned equipments.
• Trouble shooting and root cause analysis of failed equipment.
• Maintaining technical/ HSE international standards in performing the tasks at workplace.
• Updating inventory level by timely ordering the items, preparing reports for major maintenance activities, coordinating with sections, preparing and participating on tendering and service contracts.
• Attending yearly budget preparation and controlling the expenses.
The mechanical engineer will have following major activities.
• Maintenance of ST, Boiler, GT, Auxiliary Boiler, Distiller and BOP static equipment including structures in the station.
• Comply with industrial standards to maintain plant equipment.
• Develop and implement risk based maintenance strategy.
• Prepare SOW, initiate tender documents, follow-up procurement process and implementation of contracts.
• Quality control according to industrial standards for contracts and regular maintenance in the station.
• Troubleshooting and RCA of failures.
• Ordering of spares in time to maintain minimum stock level.
• Prepare and maintain records / history of maintenance activities.
• Coordinate with the Maintenance Manager, Training Manager and Lead Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to review and re-evaluate the staff qualification (PQR) system of the Mechanical maintenance section.
• Setting standards for plant maintenance, utilizing technical advice available both internally and externally and ensuring that standards are effectively communicated;
• Leading and motivating Engineers in the team to develop commercially driven teams setting appropriate people and plant related performance measures
• Assisting in the preparation of a budget and providing regular reports of expenditure, explaining variances, identifying potential risks and/or problems and recommending solutions;
• Ensuring all procedures, documentation, drawings and manuals are kept up to date and any additional training is completed in a timely manner;
• Delivering high levels of commercial availability, safely and efficiently within environment limits whilst maintaining high standards of management and leadership;
• Delivering outcomes in all areas of work that are consistent with the Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental policies;
• Delivering planned generation and availability targets within budget by ensuring highly effective maintenance regimes.
• Involves working with other departments within an organization such as purchasing, finance, store, IT to ensure the Mechanical equipment is maintained in accordance to the organization's quality standards in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• 10 years’ experience in Design and Maintenance of static equipment.; including four years working in a large steam turbine power generation plant.
• 4 years’ Hands-on experience on Boiler maintenance including pressure vessels, safety valves and so on.
• Work on CMMS, experience on Middle East are plus.
Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering
Material and Metallurgy
Heat Treatment aspects
• Good knowledge about ASME standards and codes.
• Good knowledge on structural analysis, heat treatment methods, material and metallurgy.
• Ability to prepare WPS and PQR.
• Knowledge about radiant boilers; firing principle, tube material, inspection and maintenance criterion, chemical cleaning process and so on.
• Practical experience on maintaining pressure vessels and other pressure equipment.
• Practical experience on maintaining vertical oriented vessels; ie, crude oil tanks, distillate tanks etc.
• Excellent inter-personal, communication and report writing skill.
• Must be able to work independently and to bridge cultural differences.
• Ability to coordinate and direct and influence others. He should show capability of leadership.
• Direct : Maintenance Division Manager
• Direct : Contractors
• Indirect : Maintenance supervisors/ Technicians
• 60% while supervising important work, risk work, modification work etc.
• 40% in A/C office work.
• 60% working in field.
• Regularly called out after working hours.
• Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
• Able to work in an IT environment.
• Ability to work efficiently in a broad cultural spectrum.
• Based in Abu Dhabi / UAE
Job Level: Technical
Employee Status: Open Ended Contract
Primary Location: Abu Dhabi /United Arab Emirates.